Our Old Blog
Formerly POS Micro had a blog hosted on posmicro.wordpress.com that was supposed to be dedicated to industry news, and keeping our customers up to date with the changes in the industry.
Needless to say while we wanted to make a great effort, after a couple of posts the blog did not get updated.
To get you up to speed on some major industry changes:
- Motorola bought out Symbol. Symbol barcode scanners and mobile computers were rebranded to Motorola
- Motorola was bought out by Google but in a separate transaction sold the Symbol line of products to Zebra
- Honeywell bought Metrologic
- Honeywell bought Intermec
- Apple Released the iPad and tablet born POS started
From here on out expect more up to date news on the industry but hosted on our new blogging platform posmicro.com/info/, we promise to do a better job of showcasing the news in the industry and making sure if there is a major change that could effect our customers we´ll make sure to say something about it.